If you’re an author looking to get more publicity for your audiobook, check out Audiobook Edge for Authors.
Many books won’t be appropriate for the larger list. So, I’d like to start a Matchmaker Program within Audiobook Edge. I will survey the readers and find out what they like. After I gain insight into each person’s tolerance for strong language, adult content, violence, and audiobook length as well as their genre preferences, I will match readers to books. You – the author – will prep a pitch highlighting the wonders of your book. Then, I will send it to them. The readers contact the author if they want to try the book. If the reader chooses not to accept a book, they get in touch with me with the reason and I get back to the author. As such, I fully intend to play middleman.
- You trade numbers and volume of exposure for a more targeted audience. Because of the personal touch, I expect you’ll have an easier time of getting a reader to review your book, keep in touch, etc.
- You can do both! Books accepted to the larger list can be relisted privately. Or you can list a second and third book here while one remains on the larger list. I will keep it open for second and third books by the same author to make it to the general list but they do get low priority in the queue.
- Many more genres will be accepted. (Nonfiction, contemporary romance, historical fiction, true crime, comedy, mythology, poetry, sports fic, western, short story, etc.)
- This will be a paid service. Initially – $2.00 for 1-5 possible matches. I’m all about making things affordable for authors, but it should help with the overhead of maintaining the list. If all 5 of the first people I query turn it down, I will ask another 5. After that, we can talk. Most likely, I’ll just refund your $2.00. The first 5 will be free as I’ll be using them as experiments to work out the kinks.
- Please note, you are not paying for a review. You are paying to get your audiobook into the hands of 1-5 reader(s) who will likely enjoy your work. In your personal pitch, you can talk about yourself, the nature of your works, and anything else you think that would “sell” it to the reader. Please include content warnings as appropriate. (There’s nothing worse than connecting with somebody who hates what you write.) Ultimately, it’s their choice to get in contact with you. If nobody contacts you in a few days, email me and I’ll follow up with them to see what’s up.
More Fine Print:
- It could be a while before your book works its way through this program. I’m going to take it slow at first.
- Please only include your public email address. I am only making the introduction; the rest is up to you.
- I cannot guarantee you will have success with this venture, but hopefully, we’ll all get the chance to meet some wonderful readers.
- I reserve the right to reject certain genres. (ie. erotica, dark horror, and similar genres)
Not a part of Audiobook Edge for Authors? No problem, sign up here.
Questions and comments may be directed to me at devyaschildren @gmail.com.