For all who love audiobooks …
Welcome to this series of reviews. Since starting Audiobook Edge, I have had the privilege of listening to a slew of wonderful audiobooks. I’m eager to share them with you. These are the books that will be available to you – the reader courtesy of the author or in some cases, the narrator. In this case, that applies to both since the author did the narrator herself.
*I will do my best to keep spoilers to a minimum*
September Day’s got a past that’s catching up in a dangerous way.
– I’ve not read or heard the first in the series.
– There are a few sections in here from Shadow’s (the dog) pov. I’d become familiar with the author’s penchant for such things through her Kindle Worlds story, Born to Love, so it fit fine. It adds a charming element to the work.
– Much of the story is grim as there’s clearly a stalker at work. But there are enough other sideplots to keep it light.
– The narration was decent. I’m super picky about such things and I’ve heard a lot of audios, so I could hear where some of the edit pts weren’t completely clean. They were few enough and far enough between to keep from interfering with the entertainment value.
– There was quite a bit of setup. Things were tied together in the end, but it’s on the long side, so expect to need to wade in to get the full value out of the work.
– The cover makes more sense once the story’s done. I love when that happens.
– There are some authors you would never want to be a character for … this is certainly true for Ms. Shojai. Poor September.
A great addition to the world of audiobooks. This can be read/listened to without having heard the first, though I’m sure that there’s an added layer of enjoyment for fans familiar with the series already. Check this one out.
If you want the audiobook for free, please join Audiobook Readers’ Edge. This book will appear in the May 7, 2017 edition of the program.
If you’re an author with an audiobook you’d like featured on the weekly list, sign up for Audiobook Authors’ Edge.
Thanks for your time.
Julie C. Gilbert
For a limited time, I’m offering a fantasy book to anybody who supports Audiobook Edge.