I’ve probably read 5 stories that have dragons in them in my life. Conclusion = dragons are cool.
This is a story about dragons and the people who ride them. The dragon population is dwindling. If nothing’s done, the entire colony could cease to exist.
– It took me a while to get into the story, but the end fits well and is awesome. There’s a lot of setup that needs to happen.
– The names were a tad difficult to follow in audio format. Ruskya and Duskya, Kyn, Wynn (spelling??), etc. It was hard to keep straight who was a dragon and who was a human. I feel like seeing the words would have made that easier somehow. At least there was also a Carol.
- It’s a series, so I think some of this will be explained in future books.
– The performance was okay. The narrator was good but didn’t have a great range of characters so it was difficult to delineate who was speaking based on voice alone.
– Duskya could have had more page time, but for the most part, there’s decent balance between who gets to be in what scene.
– There are a lot of things to love in here: dragons!, the ability to ride them, mental connections, twin bonds, bad guys, and a ton of great characters. (Yes, distinguishing could be difficult, but there were a ton of people who were so down to earth. You just want to spend an afternoon getting to know them.)
– I think the story’s aimed at the middle grade audience, so even though there’s violence you’ll find it scrubbed fairly well.
This is the type of story that would be good on a long car ride. It’s something to share with younger children. If you love dragons, you won’t want to miss Dragon’s Future.
Please note that this book is permafree. You can grab a copy for FREE. Add the audio version at a discount after that. If you want the audiobook for free, please join Audiobook Readers’ Edge.
If you’re an author with an audiobook you’d like featured on the weekly list, sign up for Audiobook Authors’ Edge.
Thanks for your time.
Julie C. Gilbert
For a limited time, I’m offering a fantasy book to anybody who supports Audiobook Edge.