Narrated by Aven Shore
The story revolves around a lake. Part of the time, we observe the daily kid-adventures of Wes and Ginny who spend the summer canoeing. The other part, we see the lives of the loon family of Owala and Yudal and their chicks.
- I’m used to a very different type of book, but this one was okay as a change of pace.
- Much of the story felt like it lacked a conflict, but that got sorted by the end.
- Would probably mean more if you lived near a lake or got to visit a summer house near a lake.
- Seems high on details about the inner workings of loon lives, so I guess it could be considered educational too.
- The performance worked well.
- Not really feeling the cover or the title. I get that it’s about loons, but if I just saw the cover, I’d think “boring nature thingy” not fiction anything. Yes, I’m judging the book based on cover. People do it all the time. You see shirtless dude, you think trashy romance. You see photo of an actual loon, the brain says book equivalent of a nature documentary. The title sounds documentary-esque too.
Kid-safe story. The awkward tagline sort of spells things out. (It’s about a girl, a loon family, and their lives which revolve around the lake.)
Associate links to follow…
Note: I’m starting to use a few ad sites for audiobooks, so codes are disappearing quickly.
Available Audiobooks: I have free codes for almost everything. That will change very soon.
New Release: The Shadow Council Series 1: Money Makes it Deadlier – An FBI agent gets caught up in a robbery gone wrong.
Shadow Council Book 2: Revenge Makes it Sweeter – A midnight summons calls FBI Special Agent Megan Luchek into a fight for a young girl’s life.
Shadow Council Book 3: Christmas Makes it Chaos – The FBI agent gets a strange ally in the quest to prevent chaos from rocking a lot of people’s holiday season.
Shadow Council Book 4: Treachery Makes it Tense – The agent and the assassin have to team up if they want to survive.
Shadow Council is also available as a ~13 hr bundle.
The Collins Case – 2 FBI agents track down a kidnapped family. Kid friendly.
If fantasy’s more your thing, go Redeemer Chronicles. The first, Awakening, is available as an audiobook.
Ashlynn’s Dreams Shorts – a kid deals with her parents’ divorce, bullies, and the wonder of discovery.
Try The Dark Side of Science – Genetically altered kids fight for the right to live.
Beyond Broken Pencils – Contemporary literary tale of a school shooting. Ian unleashes his inner demons on his classmates and teachers…
Scratched Off – FBI agent vs a serial killer. When Sam Kerman sets out to hunt a serial killer, he has no idea how personal the case will become.