Narrated by Allyson Voller
Run Time: 5 hrs and 11 mins
Mary, Clara, Ethan, and the crew are back. Following the events of the first book pretty tightly, Mary’s mourning her father’s loss. Cecelia is still scheming. Even Nellie’s back, sort of.
- The main characters are interesting. It’s kind of amazing how much drama the “does he love me/does he not love me” thing can conjure.
- More money. More problems. Though it’s probably more accurate to say the rich people still have problems, just different problems than normal folk.
- I don’t listen to a lot of historical fiction, so this might be the first series I’m experiencing set in that era, at least that isn’t a Western or WWI story. Here the war’s a rumor of things happening elsewhere. (It’s 1915, so a few years before the US joined.)
- Side characters are okay, but you don’t really know much about them. So, they remain in the stock category. I liked Fiona even though she just falls under the category of “competent, hard-working servant”
- Warning: a few threads of story are wrapped up, but the book might as well end To Be Continued … so, if you want standalone, go elsewhere.
If you’re coming off the first book and intend to go right to whatever book 3 is, then you’ll be fine.
33 of my 34 audible titles are listed on Audiobooks Unleashed.
Whether you’re looking for mystery or suspense or fantasy, I’ve got a title for you. Never Again (mystery, suspense) and Reshner’s Royal Ranger (epic sci-fi) just made it there.
Note: Filter by US if you’re looking for those codes as many titles are out.
Ones I think may still have US codes: Reshner’s Royal Ranger, Never Again, Innova, The Golden City Captives, The Holy War, Reclaim the Darklands, Eagle Eyes, Treachery Makes it Tense, Ashlynn’s Dreams Shorts, The Dark Side of Science, Ashlynn’s Dreams, Nadia’s Tears, Malia’s Miracles, and Varick’s Quest
Devya’s Children Series Links:
Ashlynn’s Dreams Shorts – short stories featuring Jillian.
The Dark Side of Science – official prequel to Devya’s Children; Genetically altered kids fight for the right to live.
Ashlynn’s Dreams – Genetically altered Dream Shaper learns her gift.
Nadia’s Tears – Jillian tries to awaken her sister, Nadia, from a coma.
Malia’s Miracles – Jillian and her siblings try to save a friend’s mother.
Varick’s Quest – Jillian and Danielle get kidnapped. Nadia’s also in trouble.