(Shelby Alexander Series Book 2 and Book 3)
Narrated by Theo Holland
Book 2 Summary:
There’s a serial killer on the loose and he’s got Carly in his sights.
Book 2 Additional Comments:
- High on action. Not always high on sense.
- The killer’s got a typical sob story. Kinda wish he was a little more likable, that would make him more complex as a character.
Book 3 Summary:
Shelby races to his daughter’s side when she has some complications with her pregnancy. His ex-wife, Helen, is also present to support their daughter. But Helen’s got a debt that’s placing everybody in danger, so of course, Shelby gets involved.
Book 3: Additional Comments:
- Several portions of the story are from Jimmy’s perspective – he’s the mob enforcer sent to collect Helen’s debt. He’s also barely more than a kid and nephew to the boss man.
- High-action, quick listen. These aren’t deep thinkers, but they’re fun. There’s decent humor sprinkled throughout dialogue.
- Content Warnings (for both books): a LOT of adult language; a lot of violence. Skirts the edge but doesn’t quite step over the line to distasteful.
- Not very realistic, but kinda like the mystery version of an old-school Rambo episode.
Either could be read as a standalone, but they are probably more fun if you know Shelby already and have heard book 1.
33 of my 36 audible titles are listed on Audiobooks Unleashed.
Whether you’re looking for mystery or suspense or fantasy, I’ve got a title for you. Never Again (mystery, suspense) and Reshner’s Royal Ranger (epic sci-fi) just made it there.
Note: Filter by US if you’re looking for those codes as many titles are out.
Ones I think may still have US codes: Reshner’s Royal Ranger, Never Again, Innova, The Golden City Captives, The Holy War, Reclaim the Darklands, Eagle Eyes, Treachery Makes it Tense, Ashlynn’s Dreams Shorts, The Dark Side of Science, Ashlynn’s Dreams, Nadia’s Tears, Malia’s Miracles, and Varick’s Quest
Devya’s Children Series Links:
Ashlynn’s Dreams Shorts – short stories featuring Jillian.
The Dark Side of Science – official prequel to Devya’s Children; Genetically altered kids fight for the right to live.
Ashlynn’s Dreams – Genetically altered Dream Shaper learns her gift.
Nadia’s Tears – Jillian tries to awaken her sister, Nadia, from a coma.
Malia’s Miracles – Jillian and her siblings try to save a friend’s mother.
Varick’s Quest – Jillian and Danielle get kidnapped. Nadia’s also in trouble.