Narrated by Tom Taylorson
Run Time: 8 hrs and 51 mins
The ship carrying Quarian, Batarians, Elcor, and Drell falls under a biological catastrophe. Is it accidental or criminal? How can they fight something never encountered in the history of every sentient race?
- The book blurb is absolutely, unequivocally useless. Blah, blah, blah, these are great books. Okay, great, and agreed, these are excellent books, but what the heck is this one about?
- 5/5 Stars Performance: The narrator had to work super hard, but I am glad that the Volus didn’t have more dialogue. That breathing thing got annoying.
- I’m not sure I’ve ever read a Mass Effect book that didn’t have a human as a main character. Pretty sure that was a requirement of the book. They went to the author and were like, you get to write a book that doesn’t have one human in it. Have fun. It’s been a while since I played any ME games. Had to pull on some memories to remember how these races ticked.
- But they do know f-bombs and use them liberally. That’s a mark of any ME book, but it’s surprising that in the vast knowledge of curses, they couldn’t think of 1 unique word to use.
- The mystery’s rather straightforward as is the conclusion.
- Not exactly a great time in the world to be reading about a rampant virus recking havoc, but whatever.
- I’m surprised at how little straightforward violence was perpetrated in the book. That’s unusual for a ME book. Still, the enemy’s real.
A terrifying mystery that’s more than whodunit. There’s a disease on the loose and the main characters are running out of time to contain it.
Audiobook Promotions …
Many of my 50 audible titles are listed on Audiobooks Unleashed.
Whether you’re looking for mystery or suspense or fantasy, I’ve got a title for you. Free codes are probably on audiobooks unleashed.
Normal links go to audible. *The Amazon labeled links are affiliate links. That means I get a very small payment from Amazon if you go through with a purchase.*
Note: Filter by US if you’re looking for those codes as many titles are out.
Ones I think may still have US codes: Reshner’s Royal Ranger, Never Again, Innova, The Golden City Captives, The Holy War, Reclaim the Darklands, Eagle Eyes, Treachery Makes it Tense, Ashlynn’s Dreams Shorts, The Dark Side of Science, Ashlynn’s Dreams, Nadia’s Tears, Malia’s Miracles, and Varick’s Quest
There are plenty of UK codes, but not many US ones left.
Redeemer Chronicles (Fantasy)
Awakening – Redeemer Chronicles Book 1, MG fantasy (Amazon) (free codes)
The Holy War – Redeemer Chronicles Book 2, MG fantasy (Amazon) (free codes)
Reclaim the Darklands – Redeemer Chronicles Book 3, MG fantasy (Amazon) (free codes)
River’s Edge Ransom – Prequel to Redeemer Chronicles (Amazon) (email devyaschildren @ gmail.com for free codes)
Devya’s Children Series Links:
Ashlynn’s Dreams Shorts – short stories featuring Jillian. (Amazon) (free codes)
The Dark Side of Science – official prequel to Devya’s Children; Genetically altered kids fight for the right to live. (Amazon) (Please email devyaschildren @ gmail.com for free codes)
Ashlynn’s Dreams – Genetically altered Dream Shaper learns her gift. (Amazon) (free codes)
Nadia’s Tears – Jillian tries to awaken her sister, Nadia, from a coma. (Amazon) (free codes)
Malia’s Miracles – Jillian and her siblings try to save a friend’s mother. (Amazon) (free codes)
Varick’s Quest – Jillian and Danielle get kidnapped. Nadia’s also in trouble. (Amazon) (free codes)
Reshner’s Royal Ranger (epic sci-fi) just made it there. (Amazon) (free codes)
Guardian Angel Files:
Spirit’s Bane – Allister and Mina are training to be Guardians. Satan’s out to get them. (Amazon) (free codes)
Kindred Spirits – Mina’s exiled to Earth. Allister’s stuck in the Heavens. (Amazon) (free codes)