Series: Janes Austen’s Dragons Book 2
(A Pride and Prejudice Variation)
Narrated by Benjamin Fife
Run Time: 9 hrs and 38 mins
Pemberley hatched successfully, but after Darcy had to take her home to the estate bearing her name (because he was ordered out by Longbourn), the baby dragon starts pining for Elizabeth. Darcy’s an experienced dragon keeper, surely he’ll know how to handle it. Not so much. Elizabeth has her own problems, partly from idiotic people and partly from idiotic dragons. And some of her own making.
- These stories are enjoyable overall, but some sections do yammer on and on about nothing, which I think is the heavy influence of the Pride and Prejudice. There’s no getting around it. The last portion of the book was better than the first part. There are a LOT of extra words, which is true to the style but also apt to drag at times.
- Honestly, the whole book seems skippable in the grand scheme of things, but there are a few setup things throughout the first 7 or so hours. Then, it gets good once they go to the conclave.
- I enjoyed Darcy’s exasperation with Anne.
- Aunt Catherine facing off against Elizabeth was excellent too.
- The performance was stellar as usual. Fife has a great handle on each of the characters, especially Longbourn, Darcy, and Elizabeth.
- Pemberley’s a minor character in this book. Truth be told, so’s the title character, Longbourn. I missed her. She’s adorable.
- The worldbuilding in the series as a whole is quite impressive.
If you like dragon stories and Pride and Prejudice, you should check out this series. This portion is likely better in order, but each stands on its own well enough.
Audiobook Promotions …
Many of my 50 audible titles are listed on Audiobooks Unleashed.
Whether you’re looking for mystery or suspense or fantasy, I’ve got a title for you. Free codes are probably on audiobooks unleashed.
Normal links go to audible. *The Amazon labeled links are affiliate links. That means I get a very small payment from Amazon if you go through with a purchase.*
Note: Filter by US if you’re looking for those codes as many titles are out.
Ones I think may still have US codes: Reshner’s Royal Ranger, Never Again, Innova, The Golden City Captives, The Holy War, Reclaim the Darklands, Eagle Eyes, Treachery Makes it Tense, Ashlynn’s Dreams Shorts, The Dark Side of Science, Ashlynn’s Dreams, Nadia’s Tears, Malia’s Miracles, and Varick’s Quest
There are plenty of UK codes, but not many US ones left.
Redeemer Chronicles (Fantasy)
Awakening – Redeemer Chronicles Book 1, MG fantasy (Amazon) (free codes)
The Holy War – Redeemer Chronicles Book 2, MG fantasy (Amazon) (free codes)
Reclaim the Darklands – Redeemer Chronicles Book 3, MG fantasy (Amazon) (free codes)
River’s Edge Ransom – Prequel to Redeemer Chronicles (Amazon) (email devyaschildren @ gmail.com for free codes)
Devya’s Children Series Links:
Ashlynn’s Dreams Shorts – short stories featuring Jillian. (Amazon) (free codes)
The Dark Side of Science – official prequel to Devya’s Children; Genetically altered kids fight for the right to live. (Amazon) (Please email devyaschildren @ gmail.com for free codes)
Ashlynn’s Dreams – Genetically altered Dream Shaper learns her gift. (Amazon) (free codes)
Nadia’s Tears – Jillian tries to awaken her sister, Nadia, from a coma. (Amazon) (free codes)
Malia’s Miracles – Jillian and her siblings try to save a friend’s mother. (Amazon) (free codes)
Varick’s Quest – Jillian and Danielle get kidnapped. Nadia’s also in trouble. (Amazon) (free codes)
Reshner’s Royal Ranger (epic sci-fi) just made it there. (Amazon) (free codes)
Guardian Angel Files:
Spirit’s Bane – Allister and Mina are training to be Guardians. Satan’s out to get them. (Amazon) (free codes)
Kindred Spirits – Mina’s exiled to Earth. Allister’s stuck in the Heavens. (Amazon) (free codes)