Narrated by Karen Krause
Ireland Crane moves to a new town and gets caught up in a series of scary events.
- Book 1 mixes in the headless horseman, Washington Irving, and Rip Van Winkle. book 2 brings in Edgar Allen Poe and Ridley.
- Poe can raise the dead and see them, but they aren’t very nice.
- Performance is nice. The narrator fits the main character well.
- Noah is a fun side character.
- The homicidal demon is kind of hilarious.
- Story 2: there are even more dreams and hallucinations… makes things hard to follow.
- Book 2 is 90% witty banter, while fun, it feels like filler.
- Regan (the horse) might be my favorite character. At least he is true to form.
- Get to meet a lot of literary figures. I never did like The Scarlet Letter though. Would help if I knew each of the original stories better because these stories are like random literature tossed into a blender and frosted with sarcasm.
- Disturbing, interesting.
- Ending is confusing, like the author legit couldn’t pick just one.
Oddly fun for a horror story.
If you want to get 5 clean audio promos a month. Sign up here.
Have You Tried Kindle Vella Yet?
Christmas Shorts – (Mystery, thriller, Christian, suspense; Ongoing; story 1 is complete) Only one story right now, but will be a collection of short stories with characters from across my series. Typically, FBI agents with personal drama. Might feature an abundance of cute puppies.
The Minder Project Season 1 – (scifi, genetic engineering, superpowers; shares characters with Dustin’s Decision, Updated Wednesdays) The government gave her genetic Gifts. Now, it wants what it paid for from the program.
5 Steps to Better Dialogue – (nonfiction, writing skills; Complete) I feel like nonfiction titles should come with spoiler tags. This is a book for writers seeking to learn more about the creation of realistic characters and dialogue.
Assassin School Season 1 – (thriller, YA; Complete) Teen spies try to survive the rigorous training and other drama as powerful people battle to control the Ghost children.
Dustin’s Decision Devya’s Children Book 5 – (YA scifi, shares characters with The Minder Project; Complete) Genetically altered teens struggle to navigate the murky world and control their Gifts.