Dumbledore can’t act against Grindelwald because they made a pact when they were kids. Same for the big baddy. He can’t go head-to-head against Dumbledore for the same reason. But the big baddy would like to reshape the world and have the wizarding world come out of hiding.
- It’s okay as a standalone but probably much better when taken as a straight continuation of previous events.
- This is part 3 in a 5-part series, but let’s be honest, if it makes money, they’ll squeeze another movie or split 5 into two separate movies. Just the nature of the movie making beast of late. This portion of the movie doesn’t advance the plot much, but it does cover several key events.
- It’s a decent movie that has some amusing parts. I love McGonagall’s cameo.
- Honestly, the movie was way more interesting because I’ve been playing the Portkey Hogwarts Mystery game. (Ravenclaw all the way … cause blue is pretty.) Some of the creatures are mentioned.
- It suffers a bit from Hollywood striving to hit the right PC notes, but that’s a relatively minor complaint.
- Some of the character involvement seemed a stretch, but it worked out.
- A major fight scene was ultimately a very long bunny trail.
- The creature part of this did show some significance.
- The voting with wands thing was super cool and satisfying to see, though it gave the thing the feel of the Quidditch World Cup or something.
Recommended on a big screen.
If you want to get 5 clean audio promos a month. Sign up here.
Have You Tried Kindle Vella Yet?
5 Steps to Better Dialogue – (nonfiction, writing skills; Complete) I feel like nonfiction titles should come with spoiler tags. This is a book for writers seeking to learn more about the creation of realistic characters and dialogue.
Christmas Shorts – (Mystery, thriller, Christian, suspense; Ongoing; story 1 is complete) Only one story right now, but will be a collection of short stories with characters from across my series. Typically, FBI agents with personal drama. Might feature an abundance of cute puppies.
Assassin School Season 1 – (thriller, YA; Complete) Teen spies try to survive the rigorous training and other drama as powerful people battle to control the Ghost children.
The Minder Project Season 1 – (scifi, genetic engineering, superpowers; shares characters with Dustin’s Decision, Updated Wednesdays) The government gave her genetic Gifts. Now, it wants what it paid for from the program.
Dustin’s Decision Devya’s Children Book 5 – (YA scifi, shares characters with The Minder Project; Complete) Genetically altered teens struggle to navigate the murky world and control their Gifts.
Aeris Legends – Wrath and War (LitRPG, gaming, fantasy) This takes a box-of-chocolate approach to providing lore entries (creatures, quest descriptions, game mechanics) and short stories for a fantasy world.
Trials, Tribulations, and Trust Issues (Superheros, superpowers) A young woman who can access almost any superpower gets manipulated into testing them for the government.