4.5/5 Cute Cat Goes to Magic School Type Story
Toby’s only mediocre at magic, but he still wants to fulfill his mother’s dream of being accepted into the Academy. Once in, he stumbled across a colossal mystery.
- It’s an intriguing world where humans and cats work hand-in-hand. The description of it being a kingdom and them traveling in carriages sort of make me think it’s a steampunk type era. It’s a tad hard to tell though.
- The characters are well-developed.
- The narration is nicely handled. I personally didn’t enjoy the voice used for Terrence as that was a little tough to follow, but the characters are distinct.
- The mystery meanders a bit, but things work out in the end.
- It finds the balance between giving the reader closure and leaving enough loose ends to gracefully beg for a sequel.
Slow start and lots of world-building, but overall, a satisfying tale.
The book is permafree! Go ahead and download it … then prep yourself for the first Sunday in October when you can request a free audio version.
As Always …
If you want the chance to get the audiobook for free, please join Audiobook Readers’ Edge.
If you’re an author with an audiobook you’d like featured, sign up for Audiobook Authors’ Edge.
Thanks for your time.
Julie C. Gilbert
Audiobook Edge and it’s Matchmaker Program are completely free now, but if you wanna donate anyway, go for it 😉
Er, just do it as a friend b/c otherwise, you’re basically just paying paypal.