*Will be spoiler free-ish until the end*
4.5/5 Captain Marvel
Vers can’t remember who she is or where she came from. Guess she has classic heroine amnesia. Nevertheless, this plays a big role in her journey from chick with cool powers to full-blown hero who can give a good smack down to the evildoers.
– Story (4.5/5 stars) – Don’t know how the story compares to the comics as I’ve never read them. But I think they did a nice job taking what was probably a long, long list of comics and beating it into a coherent tale. It’s classic hero’s journey, but it still works.
– Pacing (3.5/5 stars) – There’s a lot of backstory to cover. It works overall, but led to some sections that felt sluggish compared to the rest.
– Humor (4/5 stars) – It’s light on humor, but the bits of it included work very well. Specifics in spoiler section.
– I missed several very key lines because of audience reactions, but I suppose that’s part of the experience too.
– Twists (5/5 stars) – Even if you saw them coming from a million miles away, they still worked.
– Fury’s eyepatch story is epic. That is all.
Definitely worth seeing on the big screen, and definitely worth watching at least twice.
Associate links to follow…
(If you click through and buy something, there’s the chance I’ll earn like $0.04 ….)